Here is the basics of what you need to know. The why comes after
- What: Twelve – Nine Nights For Seniors
- When: 2nd Wednesdays From September-May (See below for Schedule)
- Time: 8:30p – 9:30p
- Where: Bethlehem Church Student Center
- Who: All 12th Grade Students
- Cost: Free (light snacks provided)
- Why: See Below
Class of 2020, this year, we have set aside NINE nights between September and May for you.
This is for all seniors. Seniors that are a part of Bethlehem or seniors that you want to invite.
Why? Over the next few years, you will be making some of the most important decisions in your life. College, major, career, spouse, car, house… and on and on. We feel these are important to prepare for.
Many times it seems that the senior year is the and ending, a culmination. We don’t see it that way at all. The clock may be striking TWELVE on your high school career but rather than seeing the day as coming to an end, we celebrate the new dawn. The new day! Your entire life up until this point has been in preparation for the end of this year. We want to join you and your family during this final year to make sure your send-off is awesome.
How? We have put together a once a month get together for our seniors. From September through May, seniors from every school are invited to join us at the Bethlehem Church Student Center. We will be examining everything from your burden, your passion, your vision, and your mission. We will also talk about next steps for each of our seniors. How to remain plugged into their faith and the church! PLUS it will be that final year of connecting with other seniors that are preparing to take the same steps as them.
- September 11th – The Starting Line (Theme Night!: Favorite Team Jersey/Shirt)
- October 9th – On The Road
- November 13th – Burden
- December 13th – Passion (Theme Night!: The Tropics! <- For all of you Winter haters)
- January 8th – Vision
- February 12th – Mission (Theme Night!: Graffiti Party)
- March 11th – So Now What? (4 week Discipleship Journal begins)
- April 8th – Plugged In
- May 13th – Class of 2020 End of Year Celebration (Dinner, Games, Videos, and a special commissioning of the senior class)
Other important dates:
- February 7th-9th – 180 Weekend. One last HUGE Weekend. Be a part of a 180 FIRST this year. Details coming soon
- June 7th – Graduate Sunday (Seniors are recognized by a video recap of the year!)
- Summer 2020 – Mission:NYC with Pastor Boto in Jackson Heights
Thank you for taking time to consider partnering with the Ashbrook High School Football team during their 2019 Season. Please take a look below at what is involved in hosting a game day dinner. As a fellow minister to students and chaplain of the Greenwave football team, I want to thank you for your consideration and to encourage you to be a part. Not only will you have the opportunity to minister to these students by preparing a meal for them, you will be given a moment (10-12minutes) on that afternoon to share from God’s Word. Imagine the impact this ministry could have!
Cody L Mummau
Youth Pastor – Bethlehem Church
Team Chaplain – Ashbrook Football
Football Schedule with Dates Still Remaining! Please always consider doing both the JV and Varsity in the same week to help with scheduling in logistics.
First date is for JV TEAM
Second date is for Varsity
08/22 – @ Hunter Huss – Redeemer Lutheran
08/23 – Green Hope High – Redeemer Lutheran
08/29 – A.L. Brown High – Bethlehem Church
08/30 – @ A.L. Brown High – Bethlehem Church
09/05 – @ East Lincoln – Bethlehem Church
09/06 – East Lincoln – O’Charley’s
09/12 – @ Clover – Parkwood
09/13 – Clover – Parkwood 09/19 – No JV Game
09/20 – Watauga High – Bethlehem Church
09/23 – Bye (No Meal) 10/03 – @ Forestview – Queen of The Apostles
10/04 – Forestview – Queen of The Apostles
10/10 – @ Crest – O’Charley’s
10/11 – Crest – O’Charley’s
10/17 – @ Kings Mountain – Hickory Tavern
10/18 – Kings Mountain – Hickory Tavern
0/24 – Stuart Cramer – Bethlehem Church
10/25 – @ Stuart Cramer – Bethlehem Church
10/31 – @ North Gaston – Eastside Church of The Nazarene
11/1 – North Gaston – Eastside Church of the Nazarene
11/7 – Hunter Huss – TAKEN
11/8 – @ Hunter Huss – Bethlehem Church
Dates with strikethrough have been claimed
What Is Required of You:
Two Meals: You will be feeding two teams. The JV on Thursday and the Varsity on Friday. Meal time will be from 4:00-5:00pm generally
Volunteers: You will need about 4 volunteers to help prepare the meal on game day. It is relatively simple but it takes a small crew to do it.
Space: You will be hosting 45-50 people on game day for a meal. If your church does not seat that many but you would still like to host, you can lead the meal at Bethlehem Church’s Student Facility!
Message: You will be given the opportunity to share with these students a short devotional, a testimony, or an encouragement. We are asking that this be short (approx. 10m) and that it be rooted in Scripture. This is YOUR week to speak into the lives of almost 100 young men. Pray now!
What Is Provided to you:
Food: Food will be purchased by the Booster Club for this meal. It will be delivered to you prior to game day with the exception of the drinks ON game day.
The Team: The Team will come to you. They will arrive around 4pm most weeks. They will be ready to eat upon arrival. They will be with you 45-50minutes
Focus: It is game day. You don’t need to plan on music or lighting or anything entertaining. They will be focused and quiet. The setting should be as well. It is a pretty cool thing to be a part of.
Cost to feed The GreenWave:
$3.00 per player
Varsity – 50 (Players + Coaches)
JV – 40 (Players + Coaches)
Total Funds requested to help Purchase Food: $250
* We are asking churches to cover the cost of the meals as much as possible. All checks should be made out to “Ashbrook Booster Club.” However, Inability to cover some or entire cost should NOT deter a church from saying yes!
HOW TO CONFIRM:
For questions or confirmation:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Text – (336) 213-0272
PLEASE RSVP (YES OR NO) FOR THIS EVENT!
What: Volunteer Kick-Off
Who: Everyone Volunteering in Bethlehem Church Student Ministry
Who+: This is NOT just for LifeGroup leaders… it is for everyone
When: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Food: Dinner Provided (with RSVP)
We are SO excited about the 2019/2020 Student Ministry year! One of the things we are SO excited about is how God is going to USE you and how he is going to GROW you as you serve the students and families of Bethlehem Church and our community. To get the year started, we are asking for the participation ALL of our volunteers (info table, greeters, kitchen, lifegroup leaders, etc.)
Please RSVP (below)! We will have a Moe’s Taco Bar and a SPECIAL treat to follow. We need to know ASAP if you will be in attendance so we can have enough.
What To Expect
- Vision for the 2019-2020 year
- Core values of our student ministry
- Some important policies and procedures (zzzzzz… wait NO they are important 😉
- Calendar of the upcoming year
- Review of the mandatory reporting policy
- Time of prayer for our students and ministry year to come!
- Maybe even a game or two for us
- Feedback and discussion
- This year, on ministry days/nights, we are asking everyone to wear the super cool Volunteer T-Shirts. Get yours for free at the kick-off! (If you already have one, let us know in the RSVP)
- Take home our 2019/2020 Volunteer Handbook
- LifeGroup leaders… get your LG2019 trading card pic taken… no we are serious.
Between school, sports, friends, and a bit of Fortnite, it can be hard to find ways for moms and sons to connect. WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED. Check out this awesome event. On Friday, May 17th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm, we are hosting an AWESOME adventure race where moms and sons will compete together in up to 10 challenges starting and ending at our South Campus Student Center. There will be prizes for the top 3 teams and several giveaways as well!
The challenges? Ah… nothing super tough but DEFINITELY created for you guys to have fun.
The cost? Just $5 per family!!
Here is the schedule for our night!!
- 5:30-6:00pm – Arrive at Student Center
- 6:00 – Meeting of the Moms (Seriously, we need to meet with all of you first)
- 6:15pm – Dismiss to go RACE!!!
- 6:15pm – 7:45pm – Complete 10 Challenges around Gastonia
- 7:45pm – Return to the student center by this time
- 7:50pm – 8:00pm – Prizes and Giveaways!
We WILL have snacks available for the hungry competitors
We NEED you to register though ASAP!
We are looking for High School Summer Interns to serve at Crowder’s Ridge Camp! This internship provides a unique opportunity for high school students to serve and be developed as leaders. The internship is a service program developed especially for high schools students. Interns will serve groups here at Crowders Ridge and receive leadership lessons and discipleship from our staff.
This summer, Crowder’s Ridge is opening two weeks for Bethlehem High school students only! Each of these weeks, we need 4 male interns and 6 female interns. If you are interested, fill out our registration form ASAP!
Our two weeks are:
Week 1: July 22-29th
Week 2: July 29th – August 4th
Want to serve both? Let us know on your registration form. We will see how many sign up and let you know!
Now… GO REGISTER! Click the link below!
Join us for a week in New York City sharing the Gospel and ministering alongside of Pastor Boto in Jackson Heights!
These week is very strategic to the work of Jackson Heights Community Church as we intentionally send out short-term mission teams to sift among Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and other seekers who are being drawn to Christ in Jackson Heights. Why Sifting? We trust Jesus’ promise that when the Holy Spirit comes “He will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment” (John 16:8). Our team will partner and join with our local church to sift through the largely immigrant neighborhood identifying those persons who are under conviction from the Holy Spirit through dreams, restless hearts, or simply openness to a Gospel witness. Our week will be filled with prayer, worship, training, witnessing, serving, temple visits and of course enjoying ethnic food and fellowship. We will be very intentional in learning about Eastern religions and having a deeper understanding of Eastern worldviews and culture in the context of our diverse neighborhood. We will greatly multiply their efforts to engage and look for “persons of peace” who are hungry to hear the good news of God’s Salvation.
Here are a couple basic things your need to know now:
Dates of trip: July 6-13 (Sat-Sat)
Cost of trip: $575/person
Deposit Due: ($100) May 15
Who can go?: High School Students and older
FIRST! Fill out the mission team app: High School Mission Week Application
(Please note that you will be taken to the Bethlehem Church site. To fill out the app, you will need to get a Bethlehem username and password. Instructions will be given there.)
We are so excited to celebrate our graduating high school and college students. Please use the form provided below to register students wishing to participate in Grad Sunday on June 2, 2019. We will be recognizing seniors at the end of service at our South Campus (11am service only) and our West Campus.
If you are a senior, a parent of a senior, or simply know a senior that has been a part of the Bethlehem Church ministry in some way, let them know and share this page with them.
Register below and we will be in touch!
On March 13th, Bethlehem Church will welcome the Unaltered Tour to Gastonia. This event is MUCH more than an event for purity rings. Our students will be challenged to live a life that is set apart in every aspect of life. In order for this event to be successful, we need the Bethlehem Church family to volunteer in several areas. Below is a listing of volunteer spots and a short description of what will be done. ALL volunteer spots will also allow volunteers to attend the parent event. Volunteer Registration is at the bottom of the page!
HERE ARE THE SPOTS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER: (REGISTRATION BELOW)
1) Even BEFORE volunteering, make sure that EVERY parent you know is aware of this event. This is the GREATEST service you can do. Have them visit www.unalteredtour.com to register their student.
Load-In Labor Crew (4-5 needed)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm
- Help the Unaltered Tour team unload their tour trailer
- Unloading crates and boxes. Setting up a few tables
Registration Team (14-16)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- Sit at table in the lobby of church and welcome students. Using the Unaltered Tour info, registration crew will find student’s registration, give them their event bracelet, and direct walk-up registrations to the correct location
- A couple will work at the walk-up table and a couple will help size students for rings.
Rings and Merchandise (3-4)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- As students leave the event, many will want to purchase a ring. Our team will help the Unaltered Tour staff find the rings that match their size.
Load-Out Labor Crew (5-7)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- 9:00 – 10:00pm
- Immediately following the Unaltered Tour event, our Load Out Crew will help the Tour Crew pack up their set and as merchandise closes, we will pack that up as well. This team is very organized and it goes like clockwork. We just need the hands to do it!
THANK YOU for your interest in serving. Please fill out the form below. We will contact you as the event approaches. Make sure to mark it on your calendar!
Calling all High School…
It’s time to Register! We are going to College For A Weekend at Liberty University, April 4-7. Here is your registration link (REGISTER BY MARCH 20th). If you need more details from us or want to watch the preview video… CHECK IT OUT BELOW!
Here are the specific details for Bethlehem:
- Dates: April 4th – April 7th
- Who can go?: Any high school student (10th-12th), Parents, Leaders
- Cost: $50
- Registration: All registration is done through the Liberty University site.
- Payment: Taken through the Liberty University Site
- IMPORTANT: WHEN REGISTERING, CHOOSE OUR GROUP “Bethlehem Church, Gastonia, NC”
- TRANSPORTATION: Select that you will arrange your OWN transportation (We’ve got that covered)
April 2019 Featured Artist: Tori Kelly
WHO: Tori Kelly
WHEN: April 6 at 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Vines Center
Your students will receive discounted concert tickets for attending CFAW. Their discount code will be in their registration confirmation emails, and they can purchase tickets here.
Gastonia, NC 28056
Lead Pastor: Dickie Spargo