PLEASE RSVP (YES OR NO) FOR THIS EVENT!
What: Volunteer Kick-Off
Who: Everyone Volunteering in Bethlehem Church Student Ministry
Who+: This is NOT just for LifeGroup leaders… it is for everyone
When: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Food: Dinner Provided (with RSVP)
We are SO excited about the 2019/2020 Student Ministry year! One of the things we are SO excited about is how God is going to USE you and how he is going to GROW you as you serve the students and families of Bethlehem Church and our community. To get the year started, we are asking for the participation ALL of our volunteers (info table, greeters, kitchen, lifegroup leaders, etc.)
Please RSVP (below)! We will have a Moe’s Taco Bar and a SPECIAL treat to follow. We need to know ASAP if you will be in attendance so we can have enough.
What To Expect
- Vision for the 2019-2020 year
- Core values of our student ministry
- Some important policies and procedures (zzzzzz… wait NO they are important 😉
- Calendar of the upcoming year
- Review of the mandatory reporting policy
- Time of prayer for our students and ministry year to come!
- Maybe even a game or two for us
- Feedback and discussion
- This year, on ministry days/nights, we are asking everyone to wear the super cool Volunteer T-Shirts. Get yours for free at the kick-off! (If you already have one, let us know in the RSVP)
- Take home our 2019/2020 Volunteer Handbook
- LifeGroup leaders… get your LG2019 trading card pic taken… no we are serious.
Between school, sports, friends, and a bit of Fortnite, it can be hard to find ways for moms and sons to connect. WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED. Check out this awesome event. On Friday, May 17th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm, we are hosting an AWESOME adventure race where moms and sons will compete together in up to 10 challenges starting and ending at our South Campus Student Center. There will be prizes for the top 3 teams and several giveaways as well!
The challenges? Ah… nothing super tough but DEFINITELY created for you guys to have fun.
The cost? Just $5 per family!!
Here is the schedule for our night!!
- 5:30-6:00pm – Arrive at Student Center
- 6:00 – Meeting of the Moms (Seriously, we need to meet with all of you first)
- 6:15pm – Dismiss to go RACE!!!
- 6:15pm – 7:45pm – Complete 10 Challenges around Gastonia
- 7:45pm – Return to the student center by this time
- 7:50pm – 8:00pm – Prizes and Giveaways!
We WILL have snacks available for the hungry competitors
We NEED you to register though ASAP!
On March 13th, Bethlehem Church will welcome the Unaltered Tour to Gastonia. This event is MUCH more than an event for purity rings. Our students will be challenged to live a life that is set apart in every aspect of life. In order for this event to be successful, we need the Bethlehem Church family to volunteer in several areas. Below is a listing of volunteer spots and a short description of what will be done. ALL volunteer spots will also allow volunteers to attend the parent event. Volunteer Registration is at the bottom of the page!
HERE ARE THE SPOTS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER: (REGISTRATION BELOW)
1) Even BEFORE volunteering, make sure that EVERY parent you know is aware of this event. This is the GREATEST service you can do. Have them visit www.unalteredtour.com to register their student.
Load-In Labor Crew (4-5 needed)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm
- Help the Unaltered Tour team unload their tour trailer
- Unloading crates and boxes. Setting up a few tables
Registration Team (14-16)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- Sit at table in the lobby of church and welcome students. Using the Unaltered Tour info, registration crew will find student’s registration, give them their event bracelet, and direct walk-up registrations to the correct location
- A couple will work at the walk-up table and a couple will help size students for rings.
Rings and Merchandise (3-4)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- As students leave the event, many will want to purchase a ring. Our team will help the Unaltered Tour staff find the rings that match their size.
Load-Out Labor Crew (5-7)
- Wednesday (3/13)
- 9:00 – 10:00pm
- Immediately following the Unaltered Tour event, our Load Out Crew will help the Tour Crew pack up their set and as merchandise closes, we will pack that up as well. This team is very organized and it goes like clockwork. We just need the hands to do it!
THANK YOU for your interest in serving. Please fill out the form below. We will contact you as the event approaches. Make sure to mark it on your calendar!
DOWNLOAD YOUR SMALL GROUP LEADER GUIDE: CLICK HERE!
SCHEDULE: We’re finalizing some cool stuff Saturday night. We’ll get this up ASAP
We are SO thankful for our 180 Weekend Small Group leaders and Host Homes. Without them, 180 Weekend would not be possible! So, for those of you considering and praying about leading a 180 Group in 2019, THANK YOU! Please take a moment to read over the information, the expectations, and then please fill out our Small Group leader registration.
- WHAT: 180 Weekend 2019
- WHEN: Friday, February 1 through Sunday, February 3
- PLUS: Wednesday, January 30th is rally180 if you are able to make it
- WHERE: Locations will be Bethlehem Church, Student Center, Host Home, and possible ministry opportunity
- COST: Nothing for our leaders
TESTIMONY: Each leader will come from a different background than the next. All of us are at various stages in our walk with Christ. However, it is essential to understand that there are certain requirements for leadership (even for a small group on a weekend.) By registering to lead a 180 Weekend group, you are sharing your commitment to walk in a manner worth of your calling in Christ Jesus (Eph 4:1) This is especially true in the areas where our students are struggling. Sexual purity, alcohol and drug usage, language, etc.
PRESENCE: Each leader will be expected to be present with group for the duration of the event. From Friday evening through service on Sunday morning.
MATERIAL: Each leader will be given small group material. It is expected that each leader will take devoted time to spend in prayer and study over the material and Scripture passages PRIOR to 180 Weekend. We are asking that no leader wait until the day of the event to “glance over” the material.
THE MAIN THING: We are asking that each leader team be sure that the time with our students is spent focusing on the study itself as well as the application of the truths discovered. This is not the time to introduce new spiritual practices or teachings not previously discussed with the student ministry leadership at Bethlehem. Keep the focus on the study at hand, the reading of God’s Word together, discussion, and prayer.
FUN: Our students want to have FUN with you. By registering, you are committing to spend time with them, get to know them, and have FUN with them!
180 Weekend Details
DATE: February 1-3, 2019 (Fri-Sun)
LOCATION: Bethlehem Church
Download your essentials for 180 Weekend
- 2019 Medical Release – BC Students– This is a MUST for every student. Students will not be checked-in without this document.
- 180 Weekend Reference Sheet – Schedule, Packing List, and what to expect.
COST: $35/student. CLICK HERE TO PAY FOR 180 WEEKEND)
COST COVERS: Meals, T-Shirt, Study material.
COST DOES NOT COVER: Extra snacks, Souvenirs, Band/Speaker Merch… bring your own $$$ for that
GROUPS: Groups will be filled as registrations and payments are received. Groups are formed based upon the grade a student is in. We try and accommodate requests for specific groups and pairings with other students. This is greatly impacted by when you register.
GROUP LEADERS: Leader team will be comprised of current leaders, former students, and youth ministry students from Liberty University*
HOST HOMES: Groups will be placed in homes of Bethlehem Church families
180 Weekend Schedule (2019)
7:oopm – Rally180 @ Bethlehem Church
5:00pm – Check-In @ The Student Center
5:30pm – Dinner
7:oopm – 180 Weekend Session 1 (Bethlehem)
10:30am – 180 Weekend Session 2 (Bethlehem)
12:00pm – Lunch at the Student Center
1:00pm – Free time for groups (activity/service projects)
4:00pm – 180 Weekend Session 3 (Bethlehem)
9:ooam – Pancake Breakfast at The Student Center
11:00am – Joint service in Worship Center
Gastonia, NC 28056
Lead Pastor: Dickie Spargo